So to celebrate (and advertise) the Fear Mythos’ first anthology of stories, Faces, Strange and Secret—now available on Amazon, Kindle, and Smashwords!—I am doing a HORROR ANTHOLOGY GIVEAWAY.
You don’t need to follow this Tumblr — all you need to do is reblog this post. And yes, this is shameless advertising, but what the heck, it might work.
These are the eight books I am giving away (why eight? that’s how many anthologies I could find on my bookshelves):
- The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury (technically speculative fiction, but Bradbury can be creepy as hell when he wants—just read “The Veldt”)
- Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones by Alvin Schwartz, drawings by Stephen Gammell (remember those books with grotesque and horrific pictures in them? this is one of those)
- The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories by H. P. Lovecraft (of course)
- High Cotton: Selected Stories by Joe R. Lansdale by Joe R. Lansdale (really great collection of nightmarish western stories)
- Ghost Stories by M. R. James (like your horror a little bit older? these stories are from the 1920s and ’30s)
- Stories: All-New Tales edited by Neil Gaiman and Al Sarrantonio (okay, technically not a horror anthology as well, but contains horror within it, including Gaiman’s supremely creepy story “The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains”)
- 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill (this one I will be very sad when I part with because it has some of the very best short stories I have ever read)
- Just After Sunset by Stephen King (you know, Stephen King? that one guy who wrote that book?)
Reblog this at least once and you will be entered into the contest. Then, in one month, on July 7th, I will randomly pick eight people who have reblogged it. I will send each one an ask with the list of books and they can have their pick (if you are the eighth person chosen, I’m sorry, you only have one choice).
And remember: Faces, Strange and Secret is for sale now on Amazon! Happy reblogging!